We just returned from a week long stay in Sayulita and what a great time we had!
There is so much culture, good food, unique shopping in Sayulita, that its just a great place to spend your time.
If you go visit anytime soon, here are some of my recommendations:
1. Virgin America flies direct to PVR from SFO- great airline and if you are flying with an infant 2 years old or younger, they will usually block the seat next to you so you don't have to fly with your child on your lap the whole way.
2. Airport Pick-Up: Sayulita Surburban
Brothers Lucio and Angel run a well-oiled machine. They are reliable, on-time, communicative, efficient and they even meet you at PVR airport with beers cooling in the car for you. They usually can fit up to 6 passengers, will provide you with a carseat if requested ahead of time, and charge roundtrip $130 usd. Most likely the best deal in town if you split that amongst your friends.
Just send them your flight info and airport transfer request via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Need a bikini before you hit the beach? Nicest designer and new mommy, Jade Maria makes the cutest reversible swimsuits. Her shop is right near the beach and you must visit her! She will even show you her current swatches of fabrics and custom design your dream bikini.
4. Villa Sol Blau - If you are traveling with a group, this 4 bedroom, 3-story villa is architecturally beautiful, on the quiet north side of Sayulita, and Alejandro is a trust-worthy, accommodating property manager. Plus, you have 6 days/week cleaning service by Laura who is an amazing cook and will provide you with an authentic Mexican mean upon request.
5. Revolucion del Sueno - Great store!!!
6. Tigre Surf School - The Cadena family grew up in Sayulita and have surfed all over the world. They are a nice family, a great family, and excellent surf instructors. Their surf school is right on the beach near Don Pedros. You can also check out their surf shop and bar overlooking the plaza.
Thats it for now!! Hope you enjoy Sayulita as much as we do :-)